Sunday, February 17, 2013

Mary Poems

Mary & me a long time ago.



My daughter Mary lives far away.

When valentines day approached, I wanted to make something for her. I found an old book called "Making Poetry: Approaches to Writing from Classrooms 'round the World" by Brian S. Powell (1973). To challenge myself, I tried some of the different poetry techniques in the book. They were harder than they look! 

Here are some poems about Mary.

The first is a cinquain.

Mary,
responsible, clever,
hilarious, crafty, observant,
eyes watching her world,
Mary.

And here’s another. It’s called a three-word model.

Mary
Manages
Malevolently

And here’s a five-line adjective-verb model.

The girl in the video looks
Approachable,
Amiable;
She acknowledges,
Attacks.



Mary now.


I think I captured a little bit of Mary.

If words could ever really express my heart.










No comments:

Post a Comment